Youth Soccer Coordinator: Kathleen Turner
Youth Soccer Registration
The Spring 2015 season of Clark Park Youth Soccer will begin on Saturday, March 28th. Registration materials will be available online and via mail to participating families in early March.
Clark Park Youth Soccer League (CPYSL), a program of Friends of Clark Park, provides soccer instruction and intramural games for children ages 5-11 on Saturdays each spring and fall at Clark Park (see below for younger or older children). CPYSL emphasizes enjoying the game of soccer while learning soccer skills. Every child plays.
There will be a change in the age groupings for the Fall 2014 season:
Mornings (10:30-Noon): ages 5-6.5 and ages 6.5-7
Afternoons (Noon-1:30 pm): ages 8-9 and ages 10-11
Each 90-minute session includes both skills training and a game. For game cancellations in case of bad weather, the FOCP voicemail recording at 215-552-8186 will be updated by 9 AM Saturday morning.
There are two parts to the fees for the program:
- CPYSL Fee – must be paid every season. $20 for the first child and $10 for each additional child. All children registered together must live in the same household.
- Friends of Clark Park Membership — Because CPYSL is sponsored by Friends of Clark Park (FOCP), families of all CPYSL players must be current FOCP members. FOCP dues pay for park improvements, trees and additional park maintenance. Families with one child playing soccer pay individual-member dues of just $20/year. For families with two or more soccer children, family membership dues are $25 per year. Please consider subscribing at the Patron level for $50 per year.
The fee includes a league T-shirt, a team photo, and personalized participation trophy. Partial scholarships are available from the Paul Brooks Memorial Soccer Scholarship fund for those in need, for up to one-half of the program registration fee.
Each player receives a team t-shirt; no other uniform is required. We do strongly recommend shin guards which can be purchased as sporting goods or discount stores, usually for less than $10. Soccer “cleats” are not required.
Clark Park Youth Soccer is a completely volunteer-run program. Parents and other adults are invited to join CPYSL as a coach or assistant, or to help with the administrative work of running the program. If you’re interested in coaching or volunteering in any fashion, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each parent is expected to support their child’s team by signing up for one week to either bring a simple snack for the team, or helping with equipment at the start or finish of the day. Sign up sheets for these tasks will be available on start-up day.
Sponsoring youth soccer is a great way to benefit children & the neighborhood. Sponsorship for two seasons is $160. You can print, complete, and mail this Youth Soccer Sponsorship Form to be a sponsor or email email@example.com .
Thanks to our current and past sponsors:
- VIX Emporium
- Cafe Renata
- Frank Innes, Mobile Notary
- Grace O’Donnell, for Philadelphia Realty Exchange
- Li’l Pop Shop
- Monarch Hardware
- Elizabeth Campion
- Firehouse Bicycles
- Rep. James R. Roebuck, Jr.
- Spruce Hill Community Association
- Margaret Brooks
- Vineyard Community Church in West Philly
- Michael’s Custom Cuts
Cedar Park Neighbors is partnering with SoccerShots to offer a soccer clinic program for children ages 2 through 4. See http://philly.ssreg.org/ for more information.
Fairmount Soccer Association offers programs for toddlers, as well as both intramural and competitive (travel) teams for older children. See http://fairmountsoccer.org/ for more information.