Youth Soccer Registration: Fall 2015
Registration has ended for the Fall season of Clark Park Soccer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the mailing list for the Spring 2016 season.
Clark Park Youth Soccer League (CPYSL), a program of Friends of Clark Park, provides soccer instruction and intramural games for children ages 5-11 on Saturdays each spring and fall at Clark Park (see below for younger or older children). CPYSL emphasizes enjoying the game of soccer while learning soccer skills. Every child plays.
Children are assigned to teams by age:
Mornings (10:30-Noon): ages 5 to 6.5 and ages 6.5 to 7
Afternoons (Noon-1:30 pm): ages 8 to 9 and ages 10 to 11
Each 90-minute session includes both skills training and a game. For game cancellations in case of bad weather, the FOCP voicemail recording at 215-552-8186 will be updated by 9 AM Saturday morning.
There are two parts to the fees for the program:
- CPYSL Fee – must be paid every season. $20 for the first child and $10 for each additional child. All children registered together must live in the same household.
- Friends of Clark Park Membership — Because CPYSL is sponsored by Friends of Clark Park (FOCP), families of all CPYSL players must be current FOCP members. FOCP dues pay for park improvements, trees and additional park maintenance. Families with one child playing soccer pay individual-member dues of just $20/year. For families with two or more soccer children, family membership dues are $25 per year. Please consider subscribing at the Patron level for $50 per year.
The fee includes a league T-shirt, a team photo, and personalized participation trophy. Partial scholarships are available from the Paul Brooks Memorial Soccer Scholarship fund for those in need, for up to one-half of the program registration fee.
Each player receives a team t-shirt; no other uniform is required. We do strongly recommend shin guards which can be purchased as sporting goods or discount stores, usually for less than $10. Soccer “cleats” are not required.
Clark Park Youth Soccer is a completely volunteer-run program. Parents and other adults are invited to join CPYSL as a coach or assistant, or to help with the administrative work of running the program. If you’re interested in coaching or volunteering in any fashion, email email@example.com.
Each parent is expected to support their child’s team by signing up for one week to either bring a simple snack for the team, or helping with equipment at the start or finish of the day. Sign up sheets for these tasks will be available on start-up day.
Sponsoring youth soccer is a great way to benefit children & the neighborhood. We ask for a donation of $160 to sponsor for two seasons. You can print, complete, and mail this sponsorshipforms-Fall-2015 to be a sponsor or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks to our current and past sponsors:
- VIX Emporium
- Cafe Renata
- Frank Innes, Mobile Notary
- Grace O’Donnell, for Philadelphia Realty Exchange
- Li’l Pop Shop
- Monarch Hardware
- The Law Offices of Bobby Ochoa, III, Esq.
- Firehouse Bicycles
- Rep. James R. Roebuck, Jr.
- Spruce Hill Community Association
- Vineyard Community Church in West Philly
- Michael’s Custom Cuts
Cedar Park Neighbors is partnering with SoccerShots to offer a soccer clinic program for children ages 2 through 4. See http://philly.ssreg.org/ for more information.
Fairmount Soccer Association offers programs for toddlers, as well as both intramural and competitive (travel) teams for older children. See http://fairmountsoccer.org/ for more information.
Other options include the Palumbo Soccer Club, which will be offering both travel and intramural programs in Fall 2015, and the Kensington Soccer Club which offers both summer and school year programs.